UK Supermarket Chain Sainsbury’s Launches 2018 Plant-Based Range
We’ve written about Sainbury’s a few times before. The supermarket chain doubled its range of vegan milks last year, carries Violife’s Christmas Dairy Free Platter, and is one of the few major food retailers in the UK that labels their vegan-friendly own-brand products.
Now, Sainsbury’s has revealed its “next-gen plant based range launching January 2018,” which includes “seven exciting new plant-based products from Sainsbury’s, providing innovative solutions for meat-free mealtimes.”
Highlighted in the press release is the by Sainsbury’s Sweet & Smokey BBQ Pulled Jackfruit, a “UK supermarket first,” which is described as being “succulent, juicy and flavourful; super satisfying when stuffed in a taco, or shredded over the top of a burger.”
The seven new plant-based products and their prices are listed below:
- by Sainsbury’s Sweet & Smokey BBQ Pulled Jackfruit 400g, £3
- by Sainsbury’s Cumberland Shroomdogs Vegetable Sausages 400g, £2.50
- by Sainsbury’s Caramelised Onion Shroomdogs Vegetable Sausages 400g, £2.50
- by Sainsbury’s Mushroom Mince 250g, £1.50
- by Sainsbury’s Cauli Burgers 225g, £2
- by Sainsbury’s Roasted Cauliflower Steaks 210g £2
- by Sainsbury’s Vegetable Burger 225g, £2
As of January 1, the range has been made available online and in 500 stores nationwide in the vegetable aisle.